Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
I found something rather amazing this weekend.

I moved my toes on my left foot. :shock:

The amazing part is , this is where it all started.
This is the leg with the brace.
This is the leg that the calf has reduced to half its size.
This is the foot that nothing was moving.
This is the leg that is cold all of the time.

I can do it about 4 times before it gets tired.

Can I explain it ? Nope. Could I do it before ? Nope . Lord knows I tried so much that I stopped trying out of despair.

No , i'm not cured , but its going to be a great conversation at my next Rehab visit this month.

When I showed my dad this morning , he was so happy. :razz:

Just a little more to hope for.

Glen

That is great! I hope it continues!

We share your joy Glen, lets hope it spreads, I dream that I may go into reversal, and that dream goes for all of us...lets all baffle the doctors...keep wiggling that toe.

Hi Glen,

I was going to give the same good news about my mom today. She was so excited yesterday, she also can move her toes on both feet now. She was not able to move her toes upward at all and now she can. The only thing she is doing differently is taking 400mg of coq10 and lifting 3lb weights with her legs. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it was wonderful to watch her do it. Good job Glen, keep up the good work.

Dana

Glen and Dana, great news! Amazing. Please keep us posted on every wiggle ... No one outside these ALS forums could imagine how good it feels to hear something like this.

Blessings ! Wiggle on !

Speechless in L.A.

Great great great!you make me cry.Keep that wiggle.
James

oh my goodness... i am so happy! i hope it continues and gets stronger!

Fantastic! How wonderful. Glen your post put a smile on my face and Dana I am thrilled for your Mom! Keep us posted on the wiggling. (Such a cute word: wiggling :) )

Glen... yay HOPE! for even more !

Glen that is so awesome! Wiggle a tune! Great for your Mom as well Dana.
Dana

Hi Glen,

I was going to give the same good news about my mom today. She was so excited yesterday, she also can move her toes on both feet now. She was not able to move her toes upward at all and now she can. The only thing she is doing differently is taking 400mg of coq10 and lifting 3lb weights with her legs. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it was wonderful to watch her do it. Good job Glen, keep up the good work.

Dana

WOA .... I started CoQ10 2 weeks ago. Interesting . Anybody else taking it ?

Thank You for all of the good words, It lifts your mood.

Glen

Great News Glen! I also take CO Q10, now I want the left foot to work again! Well, it isn't right now but maybe tomorrow. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were something that simple? ;)

Great news Glen and Dana! I am assuming that CO Q10 is OTC?

Hi

Coq10 is available just about anywhere, we have found that Wal-mart is about the cheapest and some drug stores run specials on it buy one get one free. My mom has had no side effects and has felt great for the past couple of days. She takes 400mg a day.

Dana

I have taken co q for many months,even before my diagnosed. Good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back