Status
Not open for further replies.

Ontario caregiver

Hi I have not posted for a while. My husband died Feb 6 2009 after over 10 years with ALS. This disease is so hard on the ALS person and the caregivers and families. I am back to work at my old job doing a maternity leave for one year, so things are working for me right now. I wore many hats 4 years ago and started a stress leave that turned into 4 years caring for Gary 24/7 especially the last 2 years. My comment if anyone needs some help how to work the insurance companies, plus you need a good compassioate DR. ,to help you get long term disability, I will discuss it. But with most ALS patience it does become complete care night and day so there is no way a person can work and care for love ones so if you are one of them pleaseeee go for help and take leaves from work but do it through a doctor so it can turn into longterm disabillity. If anyone want yo discuss anything about ALS Journey feel free to email me private or I will discuss on the forum.
Good luck to all and God Bless

Thank you for your willingness to share Ontario Caregiver. Bless you for taking such good care of your husband! Sorry for your loss.

Thank you OntarioCaregiver...it is so nice of you to offer your advice. We are so sorry for your loss and want you to know you are very special to have survived all you have so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back