PALS
Country
UK
State
N/A
City
N/A
Hi all... received this from ALS TDI.

If we can get at least 50 people from the forum to do this, ALS TDI have a good chance of getting Hugh Jackman's attention. Email these details to all of your family and friends. Set up a Twitter account. We can do this!

We need your help to earn $100,000 for ALS Research! At ALS TDI we are constantly looking for opportunities to support our scientists and accelerate the pace of research. This morning, actor Hugh Jackman offered to make a donation in that amount to any non-profit organization. His only stipulation was that for an organization to be considered, it must be suggested to him via Twitter, the revolutionary social networking application.

The following sentences, approved for both length and content, are our pitch to Mr. Jackman and we feel that if you and your friends also post this message we’ll have the best chance to get his attention!

Every 90 min. someone is diagnosed with ALS.100K is what we need 2 develop drugs 2 protect speech, movement & life. End Lou Gehrigs disease!

(Unfortunately, to accommodate the 140 character limit we’ve had to fudge some grammar rules! Please enter the text as you see it here!)

HOW TO POST IT!

If you don’t have a Twitter account already, it’s quick and easy to join, visit www.twitter.com and click on “Get Started – Join”. Once you’ve created an account, select the option to “Find People” and search for Hugh Jackman’s Page “RealHughJackman”. Once there, scroll down until you find Hugh Jackman’s offer and reply by selecting the arrow that will appear when your mouse is directly over the post. In the space provided paste the above text.

Good luck and thanks for your help! Feel free to contact us at 617.441.7200 if you have any questions or comments, or need assistance posting.

Sincerely,

-Your team at ALS TDI

Thanks for this info rocmg. I'm sure all forum members can do this. ALS-TDI is the formost ALS research organization in the world in my estimation. Frugal, effective and smart.

Done!Hope that it works!

I did it too! Great idea rocmg! You are smart. :)

Hi all -- thought it best to clarify that this was an email sent to me by ALS TDI and not my idea. I just wanted to spread the word since I thought it was a good idea...

However, after I twittered RealHughJackman my tweet did not appear on his page. I know John1 also had this problem. Perhaps they have to be approved by whoever runs Hugh Jackman's Twitter page... either way, I hope they are not ignoring us!

I haven't really used Twitter too much so maybe I'm doing something wrong...

i joined twitter today for the same reason and dont know much about it. I was wondering whether we need that "@realhughjackman" at the start of msg for it to appear on his page ... but with this our msg was more than 140 words... if thts the case then we might want to compress this message a little more ...

I joined Twitter to try this but not having any luck. No entries come up when I search "RealHughJackman." When I search Hugh Jackman, I found a fake hugh jackman :p. The basic Hugh Jackman page did not have any recent entries. I don't know how to use Twitter so if someone can give me some tips I would be happy to participate.
Thanks.
Dana a.k.a. Clueless

I found it. Sent a message - cut down from above - too many characters

Glen, I did the same as you but neither my post nor anyone else's has shown up on his website. I'm a twitter neophyte and may be screwing up though. NOTE: looking for persons using "RealHughJackman" doesn't work. Use "Hugh Jackman".

Has anyone seen his post appear on Jackman's site?

I found the Hugh Jackman page. The recommended scrip does not fit so I changed it a bit. I can see my post but no one else. There is also no entry from Hugh Jackman (or whoever is running the page) since March 19th. :?: If I need to do something different let me know.

haha -- is that the real Hugh Jackman though, Dana? ;) I've found the *real* Hugh Jackman but apparently he doesn't like my messages as they are not showing on his page..

How would've thought getting $100'000 would be such hard work...

I'm stupid nowadays. How do we know this is a real offer? I don't even know who this guy is. I tried putting my msg in and I think it went into oblivion. Guess I'm getting old!

I guess ALSTDI would have checked it out to make sure it was legit, but who knows?

I did it too! When I pasted in the verbage and clicked the reply button, I saw the number drop from 20 to 19. I hope that means it was sent? Thanks for the great idea!:razz:

Oooohhh! In November 2008, People magazine named Jackman "Sexiest Man Alive." What have I been missing? I only "saw" him in Happy Feet and Flushed Away! LOL

Will try to twitter again with shorter msg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back