Reason
CALS
Country
CA
State
B.C.
City
North Vancouver
First of all, thank you to everyone who replied to my first thread "Head Trauma as a Cause of ALS". To update you all, we have decided to NOT proceed with litigation against the driver who rear-ended our stopped taxi in Las Vegas as we have been advised by 2 lawyers that we would not be successful in court in establishing the Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) as a "cause" of my wife's subsequent development of ALS 3 months later.

For the record though, I would like to make a distinction between "cause" and "trigger". No one thing by itself causes another thing. It takes several causes and conditions to come together to produce an effect. This is the Buddhist definition of karma. So, my belief is that HEAD TRAUMA CAN BE A TRIGGER OF ALS which is different from saying that HEAD TRAUMA CAUSES ALS. In our case, I believe that the MVA was the final precipitating TRIGGER for the onset of ALS.

BuddhaJohn:)

You can drive yourself nuts trying to figure out why she got ALS. Truth is there is absolutely no way to know. I would suggest you get on with your life and enjoy every moment and stop focusing on why.

Buddha John, I suspect you are right about the triggers and I imagine there can be one event that finally precipitates onset - the proverbial straw as it were. Keep on speculating as to causes. It is only by such curiosity, pondering and observation and exchange of ideas that we will one day unravel this thing.

,I always thought it was in fact "the perfect storm." Y ou will be correct, I am sure it will be a lot of things together. Maybe since we seem to be getting a ot of research and opinions lately, all these things willl combine for a cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back