03/2009
Country
US
State
NY
City
Chateaugay
Hi everyone,

I have a story that will hopefully give you a chuckle. I called my mom to ask her if she wanted me to get her a pill crusher when I went shopping. She has trouble taking her calcium pills. I got my father on the phone and said "ask mom if she wants me to pick up that pill crusher for her". My father misunderstood what I said and said " a toe crusher?
why would she want a toe crusher". I said "yes dad I want to know if she would like a toe crusher, I thought maybe that would help her" I thought it was funny and we all had a good laugh about it. I guess that is one of the things about this stupid disease, you learn to laugh at silly little things. Hope this made your day a little brighter.

Dana

That is really funny.. I could just see your father's face, when he thought Toe crusher.. He must have thought you were into strange treatment procedures for ALS..
That brings to mind when a girlfriend of mine wanted to share a secret with me.. She said promise you will keep it secret till death.. I said I am your girl then.. She thought about it and we both had a good laugh.. Sometimes sense of humor is such a help with this disease, thanks for sharing..

Hi everyone,

I have a story that will hopefully give you a chuckle. I called my mom to ask her if she wanted me to get her a pill crusher when I went shopping. She has trouble taking her calcium pills. I got my father on the phone and said "ask mom if she wants me to pick up that pill crusher for her". My father misunderstood what I said and said " a toe crusher?
why would she want a toe crusher". I said "yes dad I want to know if she would like a toe crusher, I thought maybe that would help her" I thought it was funny and we all had a good laugh about it. I guess that is one of the things about this stupid disease, you learn to laugh at silly little things. Hope this made your day a little brighter.

Dana

That was funny.. thank you for sharing.. We need to laugh at some of the things in life to keep us going..:razz:

Hey Hoping,,,,,yes....we are good at short term secrets,eh? and yes, Dana & Redneck...humour gets us thru the day!
I grew up in a small farming community, lots of opportunity for despair between weather, misfortune and just bad luck....laughs help get us all thru it !

Rick

We are in the housing related business, so we feel each other's pain. Glad you guys do not mind my humor.. It is fun to share it with you all.

Hey, where can I get one of those toe crushers?

Just go dancing with me, I'll show you a toe crusher. I have two of them attached to the bottom of my legs. At least that's what my wife calls them!

Barry:

Very funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back