Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
CA
State
Ont
City
Carleton Place
I remember finding this place about 4 years ago, when Mom was first diagnosed with ALS.. Not knowing quite what it was, or where it was going to end up. Mom is now 55 pounds, laying in a nursing home, with me sleeping beside her. I remember every stage we went through in the last four years, and now cry to myself, but what we thought was the end. Today they are hooking her up a pump, that will administrate a drug into her hour, and if she needs it, she can squeeze the pump for more every 30 minutes. My Mom is still smiling, as I sit beside her bed, holding her hand. Not knowing when she is going to leave this world. When Mom was diagnosed 4 years ago, never heard of anyone else having ALS, and now it seems to be more and more. We need to find a cure for this disease, and we need to raise more and more awareness and support for ALS. I know I come and go on this forum. And I apologize for that.. This is a great place to get info, share stories with loved ones and just open your heart.. I know I am babbling.. I am sorry for that.. I am mixed for words right now.. and just can't get them out as I should.. What I have learned about ALS.. is just stand behind your family member or friend with ALS.. and support them in any way or form that you can..God Bless YOU all..

Thought and prayers

Hi RC

I am new here, my mom was diagnosed on Monday. I am sure you are bringing great comfort to your mom by being by her side. I hope we can give you some comfort by keeping you and your mom in our prayers. I am learning so much from people like you and learning how to be strong for my mother. Thank you for helping me, I hope I can help you in some way, even if it is just an encouraging word or prayer for you.

Dana

Hi RC

I am new here, my mom was diagnosed on Monday. I am sure you are bringing great comfort to your mom by being by her side. I hope we can give you some comfort by keeping you and your mom in our prayers. I am learning so much from people like you and learning how to be strong for my mother. Thank you for helping me, I hope I can help you in some way, even if it is just an encouraging word or prayer for you.

Dana
Stand beside your Mom.. Support her through this, you think it gets hard for you watching, it's even harder for your loved one.. I always get comfort when I come to this forum.. and thank you for your prayers. And I will put you and your Mom in my prayers!
Mike

redneck charger...
That certainly wasn't babbling... that was very eloquent and heart felt. I cry for you right now, this minute. I would like to hug you and tell you how special YOU are, and kiss your mother's face.

I can't find words to comfort you. Just know that you will always have your wonderful memories that ALS can't take. You are not alone today or ever. We still want to hear from you. Keep pouring your heart out.

God bless you.

redneck charger...
That certainly wasn't babbling... that was very eloquent and heart felt. I cry for you right now, this minute. I would like to hug you and tell you how special YOU are, and kiss your mother's face.

I can't find words to comfort you. Just know that you will always have your wonderful memories that ALS can't take. You are not alone today or ever. We still want to hear from you. Keep pouring your heart out.

God bless you.

Thank you for your kind words.. I just want to do more and more for ALS and for families that are just starting the journey of ALS together.. I've had 2 golf tournaments for ALS.. and have written a story for MOM and her ALS.. that I attached here about a week ago.. I am hoping they will post it in Readers Digest. We need to spread the word more and more abouit ALS, and it's a growing disease in our communities.. My mother has taught the people in this nursing home about ALS.. She taught all staff how to use and clean a bi-pap machine when she was able.. I was told most nursing homes don't take the time to learn about the bi-pap, and that they leave it up to the patients family to do it. Myu Mom has become a avocate for ALS in this nursing home, and am amazed on how many hearts my mother has touched here. This is my third night staying with Mom, and just how many people have come up to me and told me how wonderful my mother is, or ask me how she is doing.. Just shows me more and more how lucky I was when myu Mom adopted me when I was 3 weeks old.. I will keep her legacy going after she passes away..

I am so inspired and profoundly moved by your words and kindness. I was thinking "Tuesday's with Morrie" was written by Mith Album after he spent 14 Tuesday afternoon's with Morrie at the later part of the disease. I can only imagine the impact that a Cal's like so many here could write, and the amazing impact such stories would make. I am so glad you have sent your mom's story to Reader's digest. If it is not put in the magazine, we could all write to them for encouragement.
I was thinking about the number of people we have on this forum, and the number of friends and family we all have, we have number's. We should have Pal's on all Home make over show's, everywhere we should be everywhere, andwe are starting to do that.. You and your mom are a big part of this happening.. Bless you both..

Thank you..

Mom is having a bit of hard time today.. She's choked, and grasped for air.. Her ankles are turning purple..as well as her fingernails.. She just refuse's to give up.. Took a bit to get her settled, but now she is resting in her bed with the bipap.. I am asking Jesus to come and take her home, and stop all her suffering.. Please Jesus.. She gave a good fight with ALS from beginning to now..

redneck charger,
My prayers are with you and your dear mom,
God bless

redneck charger, you and your sweet Mom are in my thoughts.
Warmest wishes to you and your family...

Thank you for the words and prayers.. God Bless YOU all

Redneck charger, my heart goes out to you.
You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers.
Dana

I ,too, ache for you and your mother. My mother is now bedridden but still holding her own. I ,too, pray that the Lord will take her home soon. Take care of yourself and God bless!

RC:

Prayers are being said for you and your Mom.

Redneck Charger....your Mom is so blessed to have you there! She must be so proud of you!
We pray that the peace that passes all understanding will comfort you both during this difficult time
Our thoughts and prayers are with you
Rick & Joan

Thank you "Everyone" for your prayers and thoughts.. The pump got here today, they've hooked Mom up to it this afternoon.. and hopefully all her pain from no fat or muscles laying in bed will stop.. and she will be comfortable now.. Thank you all again for your prayers.. and the ALS Forum is always in my prayers..God Bless YOU all.. as Mom says to everyone who passes through her day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back