Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
IA
City
Forest City
First off, i am new here. My grandma died of ALS 12 years before I was born. At the end of my junior year in high school my aunt (her daughter/ same side) got diagnosed with ALS. Now I'm a freshman in college and she is going quite rapidily. Her case is completely different than my grandma's. Grandma's started in her feet and my aunt had it start in her mouth. Her speech has been gone for awhile, in august they gave her a feeding tube, just before christmas we moved her into assistanted living (she lives by herself), on Feb.. 15 she got pneumia (sp?) from her feeding tube so they moved it in deeper and now she is back in the hospital because she has the stomach flu..which has taken a lot out of her. I was wondering since she can't throw up is it possible for her to get pneumia again because thats what caused it the 1st time? and how does all this sickness affect her muscles and breathing? she also just lost the functioning in her right arm. my dad thinks she is going to go soon but he says that a lot.. im just confused and its so hard to find answers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back