Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
My husband is the most caring and giving person I know. When he was well he would do anything for anybody! And he still does whatever he can!

A WWII Navy Vet is one of his friends in the neighborhood. I made clam chowder for my husband today and he insisted that he and our son take some down to the guy.

I didn't realize they took our Collie and the little sneaky puppy Greagle with them! Things did not go as planned. Vet wasn't home and Greagle escaped the truck to roam (race around) the neighborhood!

My husband came home trying to explain to me what was going on. He was so angry!

Thankfully we found the girl! But later my husband was sobbing, drooling and coughing badly because he regretted he was unable to call for the little s@%*!

This will be funny tomorrow, I'm sure! But for now I'm wondering from BethU, if this what you have been experiencing.

CJ, I am sorry for the unfortunate experience!

Bless him (and you) for wanting to share a fantastic meal with a friend!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and you will truly be able to laugh about this.

hi jimercat.
sorry about the doggone trouble,was it the puppy who exscaped?
i am a cat person myself but know cats or dogs are like toddlers in the first year.
you have to watch them like a hawk and put things out of there reach (sharp things,breakables or what they could get hurt playing with)
daisy my 7mths kitten is allowed out supervised,she goes racing off and wont come when you call her.
they dont do it to annoy us,they are just overexcited.
if it happens again you may consider getting a harness that can fasten to the seatbelts in a veichle.
hope today is better for you all.:-D

CJ, poor you! My Dad gets exactly like that when he is very frustrated. The other day he couldn't push the bottom part of his Lazy Boy recliner in and that set him off. He reacted exactly the way you described your husband.

As for that bratty puppy, I highly recommend teaching your dog every command accompanied my a hand signal so that your husband can control the dog too. When you say each command you do the hand signal too and eventually all you have to do is the signal and the dog will obey. I did it with my dog (who is 12 now) so when I point to his butt he sits and when I point to the floor he lies down etc. That said, like Caroline pointed out, when they are in the bratty toddler stage it's difficult to control them. Tell your hubby not to feel bad it was the Collie's job to go and herd the puppy back. It's just unfortunate that he can't yell out the dog's name. The situation obviously just highlighted for him something he can't do anymore. It's hard but there's always a way to adjust to the "new normal." He's lucky to have you on his side!

All the best to you! :)

Oh, that's too bad. I am so glad the dog didn't get hit.

When we tell Rick a joke, we can tell just how funny it was, measured by whether or not he laughs and ends up choking with a cough. That's not funny, but it's how it is! We say,"That must have been a really good one."

So kind of your husband to think of others like that. Rick's the same... never complains either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back