Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
NY
City
Chateaugay
I am new to this, so please bear with me. My mom was diagnosed with MND yesterday. I know nothing about it so I need a little help. She was first diagnosed with a stroke, it showed that on the MRI. Now the new doctor tells her she has MND. She has slurred speech for about a year and a half, foot drop on one side and some weakness in her other foot. Any thoughts and suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sorry for your mom to have that dldred,what do you want to know?i think if you search in this forum you will find the answer for every Question you have,sorry again for your mom

Ditto to what John said. We are here for any way we can help. Misery loves company they say, but it isn't all misery. We make the best of every day.

Thanks for your support, I guess it it just a waiting game. I have been looking at different posts here and do find them helpful. It is just very hard to not know what will happen.

Thanks again

dldred,

I am so sorry your mom was diagnosed with MND. My Dad was diagnosed last month and I am still reeling. I think you are off to a great start by seeking more information and there is a wealth of knowledge here. I searched through the threads here and learned a great deal of information and questions to ask.

I hope your MD has provided you info about the local ALS/MND society and a clinic that specializes in ALS/MND. Our local ALS society rep provided my parents with a bunch of reading material and resource information. The therapists/staff at the ALS clinic were knowledgeable and caring and have offered contact info for when we have questions.

I hope we can learn from each other as we go.
Dana

I am new to this, so please bear with me. My mom was diagnosed with MND yesterday. I know nothing about it so I need a little help. She was first diagnosed with a stroke, it showed that on the MRI. Now the new doctor tells her she has MND. She has slurred speech for about a year and a half, foot drop on one side and some weakness in her other foot. Any thoughts and suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, so sorry to hear about your Mom... I was also diagnosed reciently with Bulbar ALS. I have just started looking at the forum. Very interesting and a bit scarry.... I have trouble with my speech and swallowing. Everyday I wake up wondering what to expect next? It has been two months. I am having more trouble talking. Harder to sleep at night. Can't sleep on my back at all anymore. What are your Mom's symptoms? It helps so much to have my family and good friends. Lin

Symptoms

My mom started about 2-3 years ago with foot drop on right side. Last year she started with speech problems. Now her left foot is a liitle weak. She has a little trouble swallowing, but can still eat fine. She has no loss in her arms, no trouble breathing. We are still very new to this, she has an appointment on April 9 for muscle testing. We should know more after that.

Also I was wondering if anyone has had any positives with using vitamins. I guess it is worth a try.

Dana

Thanks everyone for the concern.

My mom started about 2-3 years ago with foot drop on right side. Last year she started with speech problems. Now her left foot is a liitle weak. She has a little trouble swallowing, but can still eat fine. She has no loss in her arms, no trouble breathing. We are still very new to this, she has an appointment on April 9 for muscle testing. We should know more after that.

Also I was wondering if anyone has had any positives with using vitamins. I guess it is worth a try.

Dana

Thanks everyone for the concern.

Let us know how the muscle testing went

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back