Sarah's Story - MND Association UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW.
very disturbing ,shocking clip.
if it is broadcasted accross the medias it will definatly make people sit up and be more aware of mnd.
thankyou for posting this.

apparently it's not getting shown on TV -- Just independent cinemas or something. The TV companies say it's too disturbing for a wide audience.

It certainly is something. Not quite sure how to react to it.

AL.

The amazing thing it is actually Sarah, who is an als patient, they have a computer generated head. When I first saw this I was speechless, and for me that is odd...

Yes... it is only being shown is SOME cinemas, not the big name movie houses. There has been a lot of controversary about it within mnd circles. Personally I think if it gets the message across then maybe it might do some good..we want people to talk about this disease...maybe we might get some more funding for research and treatment. We are having a series of adverts on the tv about strokes, which is almost as bad, put this film on the tv..let people know about mnd/als.

The T.V. companies say it is too disturbing for a wide audience?! I say ALS is too disturbing not to have people see the reality of it. Then maybe more will be done to find a cure. Or at least a treatment that actually helps.

That really says it, doesn't it ? It captures the power of this $%&* disease to swallow you whole, not just the sadness or the courage of CALS and PALS and families, but the nature of what we're up against.

I hope as many see it is as possible. Thanks for posting.

Oh boy I sure have mixed feelings about the clip. It is powerful and disturbing. The one big negative for me was that it presents the disease in such a "violent" manner--not sure if violent is quite the word I am searching for. I think people seeing it might tend to fear people with ALS --especially those who know nothing about ALS. It is gripping and shows how the disease grabs and destroys, but if you know nothing about ALS it may frighten you away from those who have it.
Laurel

jennifer, it also reminded me of the drink driving ads we had.
they too were shocking but it made you sit up and think about it.

laurel, i agree it maybe a bit too much for some people .
how many people know someone with als/mnd?
most people dont have a clue what it is,if this gets some recognition for als/mnd then i say show it everywhere.

WoW! I think whatever gets the message out there. Even if my husband ends up not having ALS, I still want more funding for this terrible disease. A cure needs to be found! I didn't even know ALS was out there until my husband got sick. People need to know about this disease. I think people would fear at first and then show compassion and help in anyway they could. If people don't know about it, how can they help?

ALS is a horribly cruel disease, slow and creeping, not violent. In fact, part of the horror of ALS is the methodical, relentless, steady course throughout the body. This video does get attention but the attention and discussion revolves around the violence and removal of the clothing and not necessarily ALS.

For instance, in the Head and Shoulders video, you are looking straight and undeniably at ALS and its effects on an individual and his immediate family.

The anguish of ALS speaks for itself and doesn't need media shock gimics.

Imho anyways....

wow. I'd say...very powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back