Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Phenix City
We go to Emory this Thursday at 10:30 to do the pre-admission stuff and then Friday morning at 6:30 they will do the muscle and nerve biopsy. I hope they have good news after that and hopefully an easy treatment plan to get him well. He has been feeling so bad. We went to see a movie, he wanted to get out for a while, and after the movie he was litterly exhausted. We went back home and he got into the recliner and fell asleep, almost instantly as if he had went and done something strenous. He and I both thought going to the movie would not be that bad on him, since it was mostly sitting, but I guess his fatigue is just not going to let him enjoy anything right now. I will update everybody as soon as I know more. Thanks for being here for me during this difficult time. It has been nice to know I have a place to come to talk about all of this. Most people just don't understand. Please keep us in your Prayers.

I wish you good success at Emory! Prayers for you during this time!

Good luck to you and your husband, Felicia! I hope Emory has good news for y'all.

We got back from Emory Friday afternoon around 4 p.m. We both were totally exhausted. We had to be at the hospital that morning at 6:30 a.m. and we left that afternoon around 2 p.m. His procedure was a nightmare because he woke up while they were trying to remove the mucsle from his leg. He told me that he tried to get off of the table and he said the next thing he knew they were holding him down and giving him something else to "knock him out". He still remembered what happened after he woke up. The doctor said if he needed anymore procedures done they would put him completley under. The twilight sleep they called it, did not work for my husband. They said to give Dr. Glass about 2 weeks and he should have the results. Maybe we will have a diagnosis then and can begin treatment. The worst part of the trip for me was driving in Atlanta while it was raining, not being able to see where to turn. We made it on time and I didn't get lost, but I hated the whole driving experience. I am sure some of you can relate.

Thanks for the update. (How awful about waking during the surgery!) and yes, I can totally relate to the Atlanta traffic! I have family near to Atlanta, & I used to rent a car from the airport and drive. Its confusing, everyone moves fast & so many lanes, I've never seen (collectively) so many flipped over cars in highways anywhere, and this is coming from a girl who's been in a lot of cities!

The traffic in Atlanta is terrible, but I think I would have been okay if it hadn't been raining so hard. As far as him waking up, it was awful for him but he says if this gives them what they need to get him better, it will be worth it.

Man that's rough to wake up during the procedure! Hope the biopsy will give y'all good news though!

You might as well walk to your destination if it rains in the Atlanta area.

Thanks jimercat! I hope so too.

Two weeks ago we drove through Atlanta at 5pm on a Friday. We often have to go through there to go to the races we do. Believe it or not, I came down 75 from north of Atlanta, hit 20 downtown and went east, and made it through at about 50mph average. Could not believe it myself! First time that has happened, and probably the last.

Felicia, best wishes on the test results for your husband.

Thanks Ktmj! If I was rich I would take a taxi from Columbus to Emory and never drive it again! lol.... Seriously there needs to be special driving lessons just to drive in Atlanta. As soon as we know the results from the biopsy I will post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back