Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
KY
City
Stanford
Can anyone relate to having extreme hot and cold spells? My mother has recently experienced these episodes. She is also showing some signs of dementia. Last night, she wanted to be wheeled into the living room and then had a suspicious moment. She pointed at things and wanted to know where they came from. She was beside herself and this actually gave my father a scare. Considering she has not wanted to be out of bed for the past few months, this is a unsettling situation. I fear the end is approaching.
And, I really hope that it comes before she can't move anything but her eyeballs.

I can sure relate to the cold symptoms.. As I know so many others can also.. When my muscles are cold, look out as stiff as Frankenstein, and the teeth, chatter like crazy. I know people also complain about the heat.. I think Beth U talked about that, the darn Motor Neurons seem to not like tempature change.. They do not adapt like they should at all..Uggh..

My mother's skin gets really hot to the touch, but she has no temperature. Strange!

I experienced similar symptoms with my mom. She had hot and cold flashes nonstop but we chalked it up to her being pre-menopausal. Additionally, my mom had a strange incident where she was just certain there was a bat in a plant beside her bed. It took us a long time to figure out what she was trying to tell us since she used a speech communication device and became increasingly hard to understand overtime as her right arm was failing her. I know this is not what you want to hear, but she died a few days after the bat incident. But that doesn't mean there was any correlation but if your mom is as bad as mine was I'm sure you'll have mixed feeling about the end being near.

You are very ready for them to be at peace but never ready to be without them.

Kylisa

I do not have any words of wisdom. but I wanted to let you know I think of you and your mom often and you both are in my prayers.

i have had cold sweats in the past,a few weeks ago i had blood tests done as i am experiencing hot flushes.
some of us do seem to have odd symptoms like this,makes you wonder if in some it effects more than just the motor neurons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back