Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
Well...I got my EMG moved up to today and I'm really biting my nails here. Wish me luck!

Hi AKNG; Welcome and good luck!

Good luck!

An EMG is not hard to go through at all, you'll do fine.

Please believe them when the results don't indicate ALS, and be prepared to move forward, and let this fear go!

Good luck!

An EMG is not hard to go through at all, you'll do fine.

Please believe them when the results don't indicate ALS, and be prepared to move forward, and let this fear go!

It's like you know me... :lol:

I'm really going to have to try if it comes back negative.

I'm also worried about celiac disease (no more eating any food with wheat) because there is a family history. It's funny how the thought of ALS makes me hope for celiac disease.

Well the EMG came back negative but he wants to MRI my cervical spine. When I asked what he was checking for, I could tell he was holding back. What could this mean?

GREAT news about the EMG results.

... a disc out of whack in your neck is most likely the reason for him to order mri, If this is the cause it would explain a lot of your symptoms, that's for sure. Much can be done now days for disc problems, I went through the epidural series of injections about 5 years ago now, that coupled with physical therapy was very helpful. No one ever mentioned surgery or anything like that for me, and at one time I had a total of 7 herniated discs at the same time, so, due to my own fun and games, I think it is very treatable if this is the cause for your problems.

good luck, let us know what the MRI finds.

Rose...thank you so much. These past few weeks have really been an emotional roller coaster. I am amazed at the positive and helpful
attitude so many here are able to maintain.

I will be sure to check in with the results in a few weeks.

AKNJ,

That's great news.... go celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back