Diagnosis
7/1999
Country
US
State
newjersey
City
lopatcong NJ
I have a queston My lungs are always clear,but if I have a icecream malt I sound very congestion and it takes a hour to get rid of it.

Pat

Any lactose product does that to me. I quit drinking milk and eating ice cream years ago. The only thing I can tolerate is the occasional yogurt.

Just to make sure all know the Ensure and Boost products don't have lactose in them.

Patricia1, Is it the cold of the icecream malt or is some of it going down the wrong way that is causing your congestion? I have a smoothie every morning and I always cough a bit while I'm drinking it because of the difficulty I have with liquids (even though the smoothie is fairly thick). Its a bit messy but it doesn't last long.

Try having someone beat a little on your chest to clear up the congestion. Kind of like Tarzan. That might clear it up. Not too hard, but if you do it "Tarzan style," it feels good and breaks up congestion.

You really shout stay away from thick liquids. Also, there is something called a cough assist that will help with congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back