Diagnosis
12/2008
Country
SA
State
WEST REG
City
TAIF
I believe in our family we have hereditary als because so many member of my family have been affected with ALS and you don’t imagine how much of the psychological suffering caused to my family, by this disease
Is there a way we can find out if there is Hereditary als in our family , please if there is any, tell me where and how much it cost to do it, if you put a phone number I would be Grateful For you.thanks

kmadw,

I'd responded to one of your other threads, I think the one where you introduced yourself from being in SA.

There is genetic testing that can be done. I don't know the details, but there are familial types of motor neuron disease. I'm sure other forum members will be able to give you more information about what is tested, & what the tests are called.

How far do you live from Riyadh? I would think that King Saud University should have a medical center with ALS diagnostic testing available.

I did want to add, that not everyone with ALS starts with weakness in the limbs, there is a "bulbar" onset type, that often times starts with the speech, as you have described some of your trouble to be. However, there are other causes for speech and swallowing difficulties than only ALS .

good luck to you.

thanks rose for your kind reply iam sorry for not responde for other time, i wase busy writing this thread&wase going to write after it but your answer was faster.
ididnt know that King Saud University have a medical center with ALS diagnostic testing available,but i will search and ask if ther is ,thanks again.
wish you good look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back