SA
State
WEST REG
City
TAIF
:?Hi
First of all I like you to excuse my English
And I am very glade to participate in your useful forum
I am from Saudi Arabia from taif city it’s a nice town I would like you all visit my nice city
I would like to bologise ahead for lengthiness.
I have been to USA in 1986 for almost one year &I will never for get a wonderful time I spent there.
my family story is : about 30 y ago my aunt was diagnosed with als 5y and she died , my father 20y after was diagnosed with als 5y and he died, my old brother 11y after that was diagnosed with als 5y and he died, now my young brother was diagnosed with als ,but he is still alife,now I was diagnosed with als but I don’t believe the doctor who said so, because the symptom been with my for 15y ago,15y ago I started to notice I have fasciculation in different part of my body but I didn't pay attention to it, I thought its a result of sociologic matter because at that time my old brother was diagnosed with als and he was showing me the fasciculation he had ,10y after that I got angry with some body I noticed when I talk I feel my tongue was stiff and tried to talk but couldn't after awhile I could after that things were normal about 8y since that event, I start to notice that I have difficulty to speak & I have difficulty of breathing but didn't care about difficulty of breathing because I had asthmatic but I have 70% difficulty of speaking and from time to time small weakness in my r/arm.
foot are good but I find a stress in effort I do but still can do a lot other sensors are good am I having als or dose any of you has had this before ,sorry for interrupt but I am very afraid.

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that so many member of your family have been affected with ALS. Best wishes, Danijela

thanks alot Danijela for the reply

Good morning kmadw. Sorry about your family's troubles with ALS. Have you seen a Neurologist? That would be the place to start looking for answers.

AL.

kmadw....

My sister in law and her husband lived for many years in Saudi, in Riyadh. They taught at university there. (they are back in the USA now.)

I am sorry for your family's troubles with ALS. Have any members been tested for the genetic markers for this?

I agree with Al, that the best thing would be for you to see a neurologist who specializes in motor neuron disease, for us, here on this forum to say what you're describing is or isn't, would not be a true help to you. You do not mention if you have had any sort of diagnostic testing, have you had this done in the past?

Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks(al) for the kind reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back