Diagnosis
09/2007
Country
US
State
USA
City
Any
Joel, I want to tell you that you give me a next day, you make me believe in my Thursday turning into a Friday... I am so grateful for the way you have handled ALS as living, I think we can all agree, whatever everyone feel's about life prolonging measures, you give us hope. I have so many many time's over the last couple of years thought of people like you and Quadbliss as proof that ALS can be managed.
I myself feel like because of people like you, the rest of us have choices. I am so in awe of your courage to take a blazing, not usual path for ALS.. It literally will make the lives of future Pals and Cals better.. Thank you to your family also, for believing in the life of an als patient... Keep writing, your courage is contagious.

I would like to echo the sentiments of hopingforcure. Thank you so much for your guidance JoelC and Quadbliss! :)

I always look for Joel's posts as they are informative, helpful, and kindly written. I think he's one of the good guys.
Laurel

He's the BEST guy!

Lori indeed Joel is the best guy in the world! I don't think he realizes how important he is to everyone. Many of us have had times when our own families have left us in turmoil and despair, but because of his mission to help those who have ALS he has built a huge extended family who loves him and will be with him through thick and thin. Stay with your extended family. We all respect and admire you, and need you Joel.
Laurel

I consider myself one of the luckiest of us here because I got to meet Joel and Christine when my son and I stayed overnight with them in the fall of 2009. Joel has helped so many of us here, including me, leading us with both his words and by example. I am proud to call him friend.

I'd like to echo what everyone else has said, and reiterate what I said in my message to you. We need you, Joel. Christine needs you. Your children and grandchildren need you. Don't ever doubt that.

Joel,
PLEASE PLEASE reconsider what you are thinking.Ok so it's hard on Christine & you made some mistakes in the past. Is it going to be any easier on her when you are gone & she never can see you or touch you again I don't think so.What about your children & grandchildren I don't think they want to lose you either.We Love you PLEASE TALK to your children & anyone that will listen Please.God Bless you.
Sharon

f*****ing a.l.s.

I am so grateful for the way you have handled ALS as living, I think we can all agree..

Joel, you were the first contact I made on this forum. Your courage and positive attitude shaped mine. You have had a huge impact on me, and, by extension, my family and friends. Never doubt your worth.
Tom

Not to be redundant but Joel is definitely an inspiration to all of us!

Idon't think Joel is really going to carry through his plan. It's one thing to write about it, but acting on itdecision is another thing altogether.

Whatever Joel decides to do it will be the right thing.
Sending him love and understanding,

Lorna

Joel has been an unreplaceable asset to this forum. His sharing of experiences and solutions to problems, as well as his attitude have been remarkable. Thank you Joel.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back