Old 12-02-2003, 07:38 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

apples23ca is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member (Say Hi)
apples23ca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can someone help me?

My boyfriends grandfather was diagnosed with als about seven months ago. He went to his check-up and they could not believe how well he was doing so they decided to do the tests again. They did the tests again and now he does not have any traces of it in his body at all. Can someone tell me if this has ever happened before?
Old 12-02-2003, 10:03 PM #2 (permalink)

JOY is an unknown quantity at this point
JOY is an unknown quantity at this point

:P Your boyfriends grandfather is so lucky, i am sure that the first time he was diagnosed it must have been a mistake, I have never heard of anyone recovering from als. There may be periods of remission or slowing down of symptoms but never of being cured. What type of tests did he have that confirmed his diagnosed in the first place. Usually the diagnosed is only given after all other diseases are checked out first, as als is a terminal illness the doctors are usually pretty thorough in their evalutations before they give out a diagnosed of als. In any case it is wonderful news for your boyfriend and his family. Joy
Closed Thread

Tags
als, diagnosed, tests