Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Okay i am wondering how much does ck levels play in the role of ALS and do they show up in the beginning or towards the end when the muscle has completley died and then disintegrates raising ck levels.. I ask this because my ck levels are always normal, EXCEPT my heart, every year my heart cpk level goes down it is at 30 now, i know this because everytime i have sinus tachycardia they do the heart test. Sometimes i have ketones in my urine but they do not know why? It is so confusing.................

My CK levels were low due to me being on Cholestrol lowering tablets. I am a believer that Statins in the Cholestrol tablets prompted my ALS to rear it's ugly head. I am not sure if CK levels mean anything when it comes to ALS on it's own.

I also believe Statin drugs kick my Mom's ALS into gear. She also was diagnosed with sinus tachycardia and has low CK levels (even though she's been off the Statins over a year).

At the beginning of my symptoms my CK went high, 3000, and I was hospitalized to have lots of Iv's. They said they were washing the kidneys with the high volume of fluids.
Now a days my ck stays around 800. I do not worry about it anymore, too many other problems.

Rosy how long after your Mother was taking statins was she dnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back