strikeout

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Brick
Would like input on what size grab bars to use. Our actual shower is 4' X 7'. Thanks a bunch.:)

I just put up 2, You should stand or sit in shower & determine where you would want the bars. Maybe that would help with length question.
I got a short 12 inch but couldnt find a stud for at least a few of the screws. I ended up using wall mollies on a temporary basis. I put a label on it (bar) as a reminder "will NOT support full weight. I just matched the metal and style of what was already in each bathroom, stanless, brushed nickel.
CF

The people who sells grab bars in my country provide services to assess the bathroom before installation. Perhaps you can ask if those on your side provide such services? Just thought I would mentioned this.

We put in 24 inch bars but unfortunately I couldn't grip them for very long. They make a nice bath mat drying rack now though.

AL.

Al,
The bath mat/ towel dryer was my thought on them too. I think they would be more for me while showering my husband, than for him. A little help to get up from a crouched position can't hurt. :smile:
Thanks to all for your input.

I lean so heavily on grab bars that I had problems with my whole forearm slipping/ getting stuck between the bar and wall. Solved the problem by padding the bar with bunched up towels to decrease the gap between bar and wall.

I found putting one on the outside of the shower as well as the inside was useful.

PAT

Thanks so much for the helpful hints Liz and Pat! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back