Severe Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUIGI575

Hi everyone - just wondering if episodes of severe (excruciating) pain are related to the ALS? The pains is usually in legs, sometimes neck, and often worse at night.

I wish there was a definite answer on pain. It seems that most say that pain is not part of this thing but then there are others who say they have pain. This seems to be a major symptom for my hubby these days. Still no answers though. He still has the twitching and some weakness. I wonder sometimes if the pain could be an indirect symptom. As in, if you are weaker but still using the muscles it would create pain?! -me-

Thanks me - thats what I suspect is happening to! A 'busy' day brings on more pain - we'll take one day at a time.

Dad has been experiencing pain in the last couple of weeks in his right leg. This pain happens when he first gets up from a sitting position. It strarts in the back of his thigh and goes either up into the buttocks or down into the shin. It last for about 2 mint. then he can start to put weight on it and walk again. On the days he taken two advil in the am and two in the pm it does not seem to bother him. In any case since this time he has indicated that he is nervous to walk cause he thinks the pain may come when he is walking and the whole leg will give in and he will be embarssed and fall.

My quetion is does this mean he is to weak to walk and needs the walker or is he being vein and wants to walk with the carriage? This disease has everyone so confused....

Jen

Pain seems controlled now with regular doses of tylenol (Advil caused stomach problems). I think the busy days trigger more pain but sometimes the best remedy seems to be the massage/heat pad that was a christmas gift!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back