11/2008
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Augusta
Hi All,

I did a search on this topic and although there was some discussion, I didn't find a real answer. Since all the threads were a ways back, I thought I would ask again. My wife was diagnosed with ALS on Dec 2. Her left arm is completely useless and just hangs by her side if standing. Her left hand sweats all of the time and it is very embarrassing for her. Her right arm has decreased in strength but is actually pretty much okay. Her right hand does not sweat. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you found any tricks for keeping the hand dry?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Dennis, I'm very sorry for your wife's diagnosis. All I've found about sweating (there was another poster that had questions once) is one obscure internet search article that stated that some people, in the beginning stages of ALS sweat more profusely, and it dissipates with ALS progression to the point where PALs sweat less than expected.

Botox is used for people (in the general population) that have a problem with excessive sweating, and perhaps it would be OK for her to have. It definitely would be well worth asking about, and botox usually lasts several months.

good luck to you both.

Thanks Rose! It might seem like just a small problem, but those are the types of things that I might be able to help her with. Thanks again!

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back