Old 11-15-2003, 11:04 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

canonskate is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member (Say Hi)
canonskate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help with a fundraiser.

My name is Chris Strauss, I'm 17 and live in Kitscoty Alberta. My father passed away with ALS in March. The reason for this post is because I want to help. I want to help fight for ALS.

I would like to plan a fundraiser but I'm not sure of the steps I should take. For the fundraiser I was hoping to sell photographs and give ALS all profits earned. I was hoping to sell some of my photographs and other photographs of other photographers that I know.

If you would like to see my photographs please view my web site
http://<b><a href="http://www.geocit...nskate</a></b>
Or if you could direct me in the right direction/to the right people I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris Strauss
Old 11-29-2003, 12:36 AM #2 (permalink)

JOY is an unknown quantity at this point
JOY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris

Good for you I have met so many great people at our local ALS Society that have lost their loved ones and are still here to help in the fight.

My brother and I held a fundraiser in his hometown in Montreal most of our family lives in Ottawa. We all went down there we sold cornflowers on the street outside his martial arts studio that was holding the fund raiser which was an exercise marathon participants got sponsored. He had coverage from local radio stations, donations of fruits and drinks ect...
We contacted his local als society and they gave us alot of good direction perhaps you might be able to do the same. Also searching the web for info on fund raising helps. Get all the ideas you can start well in advance
and look for sponsors to donate as much as you can. I help on the walk to d'feet committee this year and learned alot if I can help in any way let me know by all means I am here just like you to help find a cure for the horrible disease that took my brother aged 39 and your mom and all.

Best of luck Joy
Closed Thread

Tags
als, father, fundraiser