Diagnosis
05/2008
Country
US
State
California
City
Los Angeles
Hope all our So.California PALS are doing OK with the fire and smoke. PDaddy, Sharonca, Tom ... who else? The smoke in the Valley has cleared considerably overnight ... that was really hard to breathe yesterday. Sandy ... are you getting smoke in SB?

Everybody, take good care of yourselves!

Okay, here

Beth,

The smoke was pretty thick all day and hard to breathe outside. But no fire/flame danger as we live in the flatlands part of Anaheim.

Stupid me I went up on the roof to take pictures. :oops: Couldn't resist as the sky was really eerie looking with black overhead and a ring of blue in 3 directions.

BTW: I think my roof-walking days are over. That was pretty scary; quite a bit different from last Christmas when I didn't have a clue what was going on with me.

Hope everyone else is well.

-Tom

Glad to hear that you're OK. The flatlands rule !

Bet you got some great photos. :)

Thanks Beth - All good here in Mentone - no wind at all.

Sharonca

The smoke's bad again tonight. Carbon monoxide detector in the house keeps ringing, even though the windows are closed. Hope it gets better soon.

The grandbaby's back home for the night.

-Tom

Everything here still smells like smoke, and is covered with black ashes ... usually we get grey ashes; don't know what the difference is this time ... but breathing's a lot easier than two days ago. I guess the Sylmar fire's still burning.

Sorry you're getting more smoke out in Anaheim. A friend in Long Beach said they've got heavy smoke there, too, which is strange.

I guess we just keep everything closed up and hunker down till it's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back