Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatic daisy

Hey Everyone! :)
I'm just writing to say "Hi" and I'll hopefuly be on here often.
The way I am associated with ALS is by my Grandpa. He passed away August of 2002. My grandpa taught me a lot. I was his oldest grandchild and he took pride in me. He liked to take me on hikes and teach my about nature and photography. He made me want to do something about this earth being distroyed. He also instilled in me that smoking is wrong I am now a huge advocate in my town against smoking. My grandpa made it possible in my town that it will be 100%smoke free in all public buildings in 2004. Unfortunetly he wont be able to know that his hard work paid off. He also helped my in my career choice. I love being outside and the summer of 2002, I was accepted into the Ontario Ranger program and I didn't want to go because I wanted to be home if he passed on, but he told me to go and let me know everything would be all right. Of course he couldn't actually tell me that as he could no longer talk and he had a lil talking computer that he typed things into to let me know. And sure enough the night I got home his symptoms got better for a lil bit, the doctors said he was waiting for me to come home and 3 days later he passed on. I was able to read scripture at his funeral and I was picked to pour the sand on his casket in the shape of a cross. That was a great honour for me, and I got a little bit of closure from it.
I'm sorry to ramble but it is good to talk. Even though it has been more than 1 year it is still hard to talk about it and i get tears in my eyes. I'm only 18 and I'm the one in the family who took his death the worst. He was like a great friend to me. I would love to hear back from people and have people who are in my situation to talk with! thanx for listening!

hi

welcome Daisy. Glad you could join us. sorry about your grandfather. It is sad to lose someone so close.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back