ALS Registry Act on its way to President's Desk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenArcher

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
McEwensville
ALS Registry Act on its way to President's Desk!
A few minutes ago, the United States House of Representatives passed the ALS Registry Act! The legislation now heads to President Bush, who is expected to sign it into law.

Thank you to everyone for your tireless efforts to reach out to Congress. We are just one step away from realizing one of the most significant accomplishments for people with ALS and their families. A national ALS patient registry at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will collect information leading to the cause, treatment and cure of ALS. You should be proud of your efforts. We have made a difference!

The building blocks for a national registry are underway and the ALS Registry Act will enable us to take the next steps in building the registry and advancing the fight for a treatment and cure. Again, thank you!

We will let you know once the President signs the bill into law. In the meantime, please make sure to thank your Senators and U.S. Representative for their support. Let them know that their efforts are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed. Sample letters you can send are available in the Advocacy Action Center of our website, here.

Thank you!

Zen,

It's great news!
I just received the e-mail myself.
I was going to post it but you beat me to it.

I saw it too, and sent the appropriate thank you emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back