Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip Sypek

Hello :) , thank you for taking the time to read my symptoms. The doctors have been unhelpful since the onset of my illness :( . My most severe complaint has been right along and has became worse over the two years of my early retirement since DX. Mine started with the bulbar symptoms for one thing before I begin. My friend is writing this on my behalf in her own words(an aside). He can not use his fingers and hands that well. So I will try to summarize what he has told me, this courageous fighter. The problem started with migraines which I have had in the past before DX, then after aproximately 2 years of that 24/7 and I do not lie the pain subsided. All I have taken is baby aspiren and still do now and then for pain and lessen the risk of stroke. Then my head started to feel "dead" like numb and I will feel dizzy the majority of the time. He has fallen down frequently because his body gives him no indication when he may go unconscious all of a sudden and this happens even when he is not feeling dizzy. He feels like going to the hospital everyday since Jan 05 because of the severity of this condition alone. Quality of life: I would say for him tough, very tough because this is affecting his high functioning mind which you think with ALS is all you have count on but not in his case. He does not get emotional as far as I've seen. What could be the possible causes of this: heavy metal toxicity in the system, then what would you advise doing: not enough oxygen though his oxcimeter reading is around 85% I believe, it's good. If he could only get help with this symptomolgy please, if you know anything, this man quality of life would soo improve though he's tough and keeps his chin up! Also he only just got a bipaps and we had such hopes for that helping and the bipaps doesn't seem to help at all. My friend has to sit on the couch for a year basically too because his appointment finally for a wheelchair is in December. I wished he could have been outdoors and enjoyed nature during the fall. He may not be even allocated a motorized wheelchair either. December is late in my dear friend's illnesss too. Does anyone recommend that liquad vitamin drink, called I think dreamvitamin? I personally do not understand how extra vitamins help other than boost the immune system which is great. I was thinking that the vitamins that PALS get do not get to where they are suppose to go, is that correct. I want to make sure my friend has the right information and is doing all he can. He was also wondering if a PET scan would help him with the numbness and dizzyness. He has never had one. Thank you so much in advance if you have anything to offer we will be looking forward to that greatly. God Bless Phillip and Diana(writer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back