Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I was all set to let my anesthesiologist know about my muscle problems, but that was before i got past admissions. Turns out i have a 900 dollar deductible to meet and my physician fee up front is a thousand dollars... I cancelled the appointment as quickly as i could before i started sobbing over the phone. My gallbladder is at 7 percent and declining. The only way the ER will take care of it, is if i end up there with another attack and my white blood cell count gets real high again. Aint life grand?!?!

sam:-D

Boy Sam I really feel bad for you. We have universal health care so I can't really imagine how you feel. All I can say is sorry. That really sucks.

AL.

Sam- it is terrible! I don't know how the powers that be sleep at night. :cry:

Sam,

I can't beleive it. If your gallbladder is only functioning 7% you might end up there with another attack.
And then they will have to fork the bill. Can you fake an attack (lol) I'm only joking about that.

Sam ... I'm really, really sorry for this lousy situation you're in. What makes me especially p***ed is that insurance companies don't have to pay "retail" rates for these same services. They always bargain with the med providers ... doctors, hospitals, everybody ... and pay only a fraction of what an uninsured patient gets billed.

I hope somebody on this forum can come up with some ideas or resources that would allow you to have this surgery done before it becomes an emergency. Could you talk to your physician's billing clerk and see if you could make payments? Perhaps he/she could make some suggestions. Does the hospital have a social worker you could talk to? There has got to be somebody there with a heart who is willing to listen and help.

Hang in there ...
BethU

Thanks everyone........... The surgery center advised me to call there financial department and i could possibly be able to make payment arrangements... I declined, i have to borrow the co pay of thirty dollars just to see them. If i were to get my disability money then i would do it. That is a big if, it has been almost eight months since i filed. It was through my work, and i would get it for four hours of missed work a day. They keep making me provide more documents and what not because of no diagnosis. That is neither here nor there right now. Reality is, when i do get another serious attack i will go to the E.R. It's been sore but no attack this month, i know it will act up again, i just hope it is before the holidays.. Last year i was so sick during the holidays because of it but i did not know that is what it was! I thought i was pregnant! I will definetly let any doctor know about my muscle situation in the future, thank you for your advice everyone.

I am not a good faker! It is a good idea though! I probably would start to laugh hysterically.. I especially laugh when i am nervous, they would probably think i was high!

Sammantha

I will call a local social worker, thanks Beth. I completely forgot about that, my neuro mentioned that about my muscle issues and getting help with going to his appointments but i dont think i qualify because of my husband's income, but i will call and see if they know of anything i can do.

Sammantha ~ nothing is easy is it? I second Beth, try a social worker. Please! I think about you every day and hope you're making inroads in resolving something! a hug for you :)arrow: actually because you're extra special, this is a smiley hug!) ( (( :) ) ))

Hey Sam. Before my wife's surgery KFC would give her an attack. Just a thought in case you get desperate.

AL.

Hi Samantha,
I am now volunteering with ALS Guardian Angels, and I have some knowledge that they can provide some medical / financial assistance in exactly these types of situations.
It can't hurt to ask anyway . . . .

I hope that helps. How incredibly frustrating. Our health insurance system is SERIOUSLY BROKEN. As an example, someone like you cannot get required, needed, legitimate medical procedures, and here in Buffalo, NY our teachers can get ELECTIVE plastic surgery for free! Unreal.

I hope you are doing well today. I don't know what else I can do to help but please feel free to ask.
Take care,
Suzann

May we can help you.

Sam,

Maybe we can help with the surgery. You can reach me at (949)233-3045.

Stu ALSGuardianAngels.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back