Status
Not open for further replies.

dana

Distinguished member
Hello everyone,
I was gone for a while, and it is nice to be back. My family moved, and it took forever, it seems, to get the internet back up and running. I just wanted to give everyone an update on my dad.

He has been doing the Lyme's treatments since June now, and the doctors have been happy with his progress. He is putting more words together in a sentence, which I think gives him more confidence. His voice sounds weak, but I don't know if that is because he does not use it as much as he used to. He started getting some twitching in his arms near his elbows. The doctors are going to keep watch on it and see if it is from medication or just another ALS symptom coming to haunt us. He is in such good spiritis though. (Much better since the start of all this) He had pretty much removed himself from work and plopped himself in front of the tv, and since he started this Lyme's treatments, he's gotten back involved. (He owns a business with his brother) I think my uncle is happy to have him back, and I know my dad is thrilled to do something that is normal. It is good to see that happiness back in his eyes. It makes such a difference.

My family went on a vacation to Maui at the beginning of the month. My parents had such a good time, and so did I. It was nice to go somewhere for pure relaxation and enjoy some sunshine. I know it will be a trip that I will never forget. I have been a couple of times before, but I just appreciated this trip more than the others. It was nice to have my whole family together, and focus on fun...not medical junk. I reccommend it to you all! :D

I hope everyone is doing well and staying positive. I have found that a positive attitude makes all the difference in the world with this disease.
God Bless,
Dana

Dear Dana,
Nice to have you back I know how hard it is to get the net back up and running and the first thing you want to do is get back on the forum for support,education and of course the freindships that develope here. It sounds like your dad has finally accepted his diagnosis which is the final stage but a wonderful one. Just knowing he went on a trip and is working a bit will definitly help in the long run. Also the memories that you have from your trip wil stay with you forever. A positive attiude whether it be a CALs or a PALs is so important so it sounds like everybody is on the right track. I hope your dad continues to do whatever he can so his life will be as fullfilling as it can be. I think it is very instrumental in keeping him stong and happy. Good luck to you and your family.
Kim ALS About Loving Someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back