Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
orlando
Its just so hard for me to believe that stenosis and a disc herniation can be causing all these feelings in my legs without much pain. The fasics and spasms are becoming more bothersome and have kind of centralized in my calves. I dont understand how in 5 weeks i can go from just a stiff hamstring to all of this. I am also noticing some weakness in my right arm with some shaking when holding things, and access phlegm in the back of my throat (might be associated with the stress, have had this before with my anxiety problems)

Im driving myself crazy thinking that I have some disease that could end my life in a couple of years, im so young and there is still alot more I want to do in my life. I feel so bad for everyone in these forums, its such a terrible way to end your life and the courage you guys show knowing this is unbelieveable to me and hard to understand.

I dont want to come off as someone who is sellfish and just cares about my symptoms. I really do want to connect with some of you in here. Reading some of these stories have really touched me and I want to get to know some of you ALS or no ALS. The world is so scary sometimes but ive learned in the past that bonding with others can make you feel a lot better.

Thanks for everything.......Andy
user_online.gif

Hi Andy- I allowed this post but deleted one of the duplicates, only to discover that you had already posted an almost identical message on another thread.

This is not a problem, but you will get better response if you keep your question to one thread. When folks come here to read the latest, they often go first to the "New Posts" tab at the top of this screen. So you don't have to post the same message in every forum. Save yourself some work! :-D

Hello again Andy

That is EXACTLY what spinal stenosis would cause: painless muscle weakness. It's when the spinal cord gets squeezed, which can be caused by a central disk herniation (there are other causes too), which is what your MRI showed. The only time you will feel pain, is if the nerve roots are affected and sometimes that might not cause pain if the ventral/anterior part of the root (that is strictly the motor part of the spinal root) is the only thing that is being impinged.

As far as the weakness in your upper limb: in your first thread you indicated that you have anxiety issues. Please go back to your first thread and read what the replies were and that should help alleviate your fears.

It sounds like your neuro's are doing all of the right things for you. Trust them and stop worrying so much about ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back