bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic01

My mom is having trouble getting to the bathroom. We take her in a wheelchair to the door but then she has to use a walker the rest of the way. The problem is, her legs a going really fast. Today she almost fell to the floor because her legs and hips wouldn't catch. Does anyone have anything or suggestions that worked for them?
Thank you,
Jennifer

Bathroom

If her chair could get her to the toilet there is a disc that she could stand on and then rotate onto the toilet. My mother used that until she could no longer stand. Now they use a lift to transfer her from chair to toilet. My mom also had a portable toilet, commode, that she could access in her bedroom so all she had to dowas go up to it and then transfer to the toilet.
In our area we have Home Care which would come into her home and also supplied a lot of these things. They also had different ideas on how to handle different situations as they arose.
Billie

2 options:
1- widen door and door frame to accommodate wheelchairs
2- a commode in a room that is accessible to the wheelchair
I I would highly recommend that you have a Occupational Therapist to assess your loved one's long term care needs regarding the home environment and need to renovate and equipment.
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back