Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
CT
City
Southington
Does anyone have twitching that come and goes in the same muscle? Other muscles twitch now and then but not steadily like me upper arm muscle. I have it for a month and than it goes away for a week and than comes back. What does that mean. How concerned should I be?

ursaida,
Do you have alot of anxiety and stress in your life right now? Many people experience such twitching when faced with difficult situations or when not getting adequate rest. Some people's daily lives are more stressful than others or they may not tolerate stress as well as someone else. Do you get enough rest and are you eating well? Is there anything lurking in the back of your mind that you need to tend to?
All the best,
Jane

Well, no recent changes. But my father had ALS and I remember his twitching and that make me worry. I was going to have a electromyography last week but the twitching stooped so I canceled it. Now I'm sorry. I rescheduled for July 30. So I'll worry until then. Thanks for your concern though.

I'm sorry about your father, ursaida. How long ago was that?
I realize that having witnessed your father's ALS you are probably more apt to imagine what your twitching might indicate, but I hope you can keep yourself occupied with other things as you await July 30th. Try to realize, too, that there are many other reasons for muscle twitching than just ALS. Make every effort you can not to get yourself all worked up. Eat well, get adequate rest, and live each day as it comes enjoying what it has to offer.
I'll be thinking of you as you await your appointment and hoping that you can put fears aside for now. Our imaginations sometimes are not very good friends.
Take care, ursaida.
All the best,
Jane

Thanks for you comments and caring. It's been just 40 years since my father died after three or four years of suffering with ALS. Muscle weakness was his first symptom. I havn't had that yet, just the twitching. When I use the muscle the twitching goes away so I think that's a good sign isn't it. Anyway i appreciate your interest.

katsmith

Hi!,
I experience many episodes of twitching. They are definatly worse with exertion and when i am tired. Both My tremors and the twitchingimproved with antoconvolcent therapy (medication that is comanly used to treat seizures) the twitching can also be an exacerbaation of vesiculations and directly related to the motor neuron damage that you are suffering. changes like this need to be reported to your doctor.
I have been diagnoised for 2 years now and am living quite well with the disease or as well as the disease lets you live. this is my first day on the forum. i am a retiring nurse educator so I have found this site very facinating.
katsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back