Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to prevent dry mouth.... When i wake in the morning my mouth is open and my throat, tongue and lips are bone dry.... My tongue is permanently white and has red raised dots all over it. If i am not drooling causing the side of my face to break out by morning, my mouth is super dry.... I can still close my mouth during the day, so i am happy about that... Any suggestions?

Sam, I heard of other people on here talk about meds for dry mouth....I can't remember what it is called?
Maybe someone else will answer or you can ask your Dr.

Sammantha, I have dry mouth from an autoimmune condition. I don't think you want to take something that actually increases saliva (Evoxac) because you'll probably choke while you're laying down. (I learned this the hard way) It makes your salivary glands go into "overdrive" However, there are oral sprays that you can use,... I was looking around for the name as my rheumatologist had written out a precription for me that I never got filled. Can[t find it, but its pretty common as many people are on meds that cause dry mouth. There is also Biotene mouthwash that helps a little. I use it before going to sleep. I kind of wish I could sleep with my mouth open more often! My soft palate is getting so low that it blocks air flow mostly out of my nose and wakes me all night long! One of my doctors wants me on a machine at night, but I'm still to chicken to try it.... take care, :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back