Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nj
City
bayonne
hi my name is mike and i'm trying to learn about als/mnd. i've looked online and i can't find what i'm looking for. was wondering if anybody could help me. okay i wanted to know since you lose muscle mass as als get worse. should you see a large drop in all around body weight?

Hi Mike,

I don't have ALS but rather a variant of PMA largely confined to the upper body. I've had major atrophy and associated weight loss of some 15 pounds which I believe is all muscle loss. I don't know if that is helpful. Good luck to you.

Mark

Hi Mike,

I don't have ALS but rather a variant of PMA largely confined to the upper body. I've had major atrophy and associated weight loss of some 15 pounds which I believe is all muscle loss. I don't know if that is helpful. Good luck to you.

Mark

thanks. i was just asking because i weigh 302 pounds and i look in the mirror and to me it looks like i'm smaller in certain area's but still weigh the same.

I lost about 20 pounds of muscle.
AL.

I lost about 20 pounds of muscle.
AL.

but your all around weight has dropped also? it sound like a stupid question but to me i just don't look the same as i did atleast to me. my wife thinks i'm just looking for something to be wrong. i get muscle twitches only when i lay on my stomach sometimes my biceps twitch a little and sometime it's my legs. but it never happens when i just walk around or i'm siting or being active. lifting weights is not a problem for me so i'm thinking i'm fine because if i did lose muscle i wouldn't be able to do my normal routine. once again i don't have als as far as i know. but i command you on not given up on yourself and fighting this condition head on.

To answer your first question - I have lost 60 pounds.

And you are right.....if you had ALS, and lost muscle mass, you would not be able to do your "normal routine"

Don't start looking for problems......good luck!

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back