Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
OR
City
Albany
Hello All!

I feel I must warn you. We were visiting Las Vegas with my mom ( PAL, bulbar) when she had a choking spell and could not clear the mucus. We were rushed to Valley Hospital in Las Vegas, where the care she received was absolutley rediculous. They had NO IDEA what ALS was, not even the physicians. They didn't treat her with any compassion or care either, treated her like an idiot, since she is unable to speak. They didn't have any of the proper equipment to feed her through her PEG, and didn't even attempt to get it. They tried to do one thing after the other that are contraindicated for PALS, like offer oxygen, breathing treatments etc... IT is a good thing, I have done my research or I would have just trusted that they knew what they were doing.
I just felt I must warn you. If you are in LV doing some gambling, and find yourself needing medical care- DO NOT GO TO VALLEY HOSPITAL! We will now be traveling with our own portable suction machine, no need to go to a hospital where they don't know how to help you anyhow.

Love to all!
Holly

Sorry about the problems you had. I have gone to 2 hospitals where I knew more about ALS than the doctors treating me. We had better know about our conditions or some uninformed doctor could kill us. And here in Canada we can't even sue the dummy.
AL.

Sounds scary, Holly! I'm glad you were on the ball. traveling with your own equipment sounds like a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back