Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
KY
City
Stanford
My mother is still waiting for her EMG, it will be March 5th. I am wondering if any of you that have ALS can tell me if experiencing pain when yawning is one of the many effects of this disease? My mother told me the other day that it hurts when she yawns until she gets finished and her mouth is closed. She also had a cramp in the leg that is not affected. I am pretty much convinced that she has ALS.

yawning pain

Dear Kylisa

You know I noticed George does not YAWN AT ALL ANYMORE!

Wonder what that is about?

Anyway, your Mother is very fortunate to have you!

Patty

I get a cramp in my jaw about 1/4 of the time when I yawn. It goes away when I close my mouth but sometimes have to wiggle jaw.
AL.

interesting article, i too yawn alot, even my son's noticed,but i have jaw problems at the moment and it does hurt when i yawn.

I yawn when I am out in the cold. It stops when I come inside. And I used to get a cramp in the left side of my throat when yawning. But.... it stopped after I started on lithium. Let's hear it for lithium!

Sharonca

My mom hated yawning because her muscles were too weak and she couldn't control the closing of her mouth, so her jaw just snapped shut and hurt. Maybe that's what is happening. I'm sorry; it's so hard to watch them go through these things. So many little things that we take so much for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back