Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
Indiana
City
New Castle
ONE OF MY MOST CHERISHED FRIENDS WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ALS LAST WEEK AND I NEED TO TALK BECAUSE MY EMOTIONS ARE JUST OVERWHELMING ME RIGHT NOW AND I NEED TO TALK TO HIM BUT JUST CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO RIGHT NOW. HE IS A GREAT FRIEND AND HAS GIVEN ME MUCH MORALE AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS AND I WANT TO BE THERE AND I WILL BE THERE BUT RIGHT NOW I NEED TO TALK AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPROACH THE SITUATION AS HE IS VERY MUCH SO INTO THE MIN-BODY CONNECTION, HIS SPIRITS ARE HIGH AND HE IS EXTREMELY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT FIGHTING AND BEATING THIS DISEASE BUT FROM INFO. THAT I HAVE ON ALS IT IS ALWAYS FATAL AND IT IS ONLY VERY RARE CASES THAT IT GOES INTO REMISSION AND SO WHAT CAN I DO? ANY SUPPORT AND ANY WORDS THAT ANY OF YOU MAY HAVE WILL BE SO VERY, VERY APPRECIATIVE.

THANK FROM SANDY,
WHO IS HURTING A GREAT DEAL RIGHT NOW.:confused:

I Think I Posted In The Wrong Place

I AM NEW AND SO I APOLOGIZE, I WAS LOOKING FOR AN AREA TO FIND ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT AS I HELP MY FRIEND DEWL WITH ALS. MY PREVIOUS POST TELLS THE STORY AND SO I DON'T KNOW IF AN ADMINISTRATOR CAN PLACE MY POST IN THE RIGHT PLACE OR NOT.,

THANK YOU,
Sandee

Welcome to the Forum Sandee,

You have found the right place for support. Many of us have ALS and some are caregivers or friends of ALS victims. Jump right in with any questions you may have or feel free to use the search feature above to find some topics about your questions.

Either way we are here for you anytime to help you through this difficult (Terrible is more like it), time in your friends life. :cry:

One of the best threads, that's what we call "Subjects of a particular nature", can be found at,
New? Introduce Yourself - Say Hello

God Bless
Capt AL

Hi Sandee- I am glad you found us. You will be in good company. We have several folks here who are concerned about their friend or friends. Ask anything and know that you have taken the first step. You will be much better able to help now that you are informing yourself. Cindy

thank you

My friend and I have been emailing all day. I have had a discouraging week and he is sending videos to try to make me feel better. That's the way he is but thank and yes I definitely will look around here abit because I know I will need this in the upcoming moinths as he's battles this vicious disease.

Thanks again,

Sandee

Thank you

And I want to learn all I can..

Sandee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back