Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Kootenay
Are there many pals taking CoQ10? I googled it als and CoQ10 and it seems to help in mice, but in Parkinson studies if sugest a 40 persent increase in survial? Any on nuero suggestting it for them?

Dear Northern Girll,

My husband, Mike, takes CoQ10. His doctor suggests 100 mg a day and 1000 mg of vitamin E. He also takes Men's One a Day multilple vitamin. I think this has helped him have mover energy and his CO 2 levels have been better this week. He has been on the COQ10 and vitamin E for about 2 months. My doctor put me on COQ10 about 10 years ago because of my families history of heart problems. I don't know if it helps or not but I keep taking it!

Zina Akin Perry
Rusk, Texas

Hi. If you use the search feature for it you'll find most people have used it or are still using it. Some studies have been done but nothing concrete yet. My neuro recommended it with vit E vit c and creatine.
AL.

I've been taking 1200 mg of CoQ10 daily for several months now. I got that number from a clinical study I reviewed. That is the dosage they were using.
As far as I know, the outcome of that study was that the effect of CoQ10 on the progression of ALS was neglegible.
I can't say I found any benefit. I've gone from a cane to a walker, to a wheelchair, but I'm still taking it.
I had been using 400 mg softgels from Nutraceuticals (from either Vitacost.com or Vitamin shoppe. They are pretty cheap there. However, I am switching over to Life Extension, and taking a lower dose when I run out of the Nutraceuticals.

My husband bought some coq10 but I see any difference so I stopped taking it. I'm on a 1000mg of C, 800mg E and 10000mg beta carotene and 2 tablets of relatek. I think the relatec is helpiing the most.

Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back