08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
There is a new free APP for iPhones and iPads called "I have voice."

The developer lost someone with ALS and decided he wanted to do this. He asked for feedback on the features. It uses eye gaze technology so you need a newer iPhone or iPad.

I've not yet downloaded it but will do tonight.

There is a picture of it on ALSTDI

The phone needs to be an x or ipad pro 11 or 12.9. I hope you will report back Kim. My tech is too old

My tech is too old too. But how exciting! I find the iPad very intuitive and have been hoping something would come out that allows use of eye gaze with an iPad. Does anyone know if this could substitute for a Tobii, or is it too new and early to say?

I think just preset phrases so not a substitute but hrlpful in a pinch. At least this is what it looked like on tdi and the app page.

There are other APPS that you can use to supplement this one. I downloaded them last year and have to go back and take a look.

The guy developing this one said you can set up phrases and he also said he is trying to make other add-ons.

Karen, I do think the iPad will eventually be capable of replacing the Tobii. I tested a Tobii and was not impressed at all.

You're lucky you got eye surgery. I can't find a doctor willing to do my eyes because I have no sign of cataracts. LASIK has regressed since I had it done in 2001 but the scars are minimal so that isn't the issue. I'm going to keep pursuing this.

My iPhone is an 8+ but my iPad is a pro 12.9 so that should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back