Old 01-10-2019, 09:37 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Toronto
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 05/2018
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Katalin is on a very distinguished roadKatalin is on a very distinguished road
Default Why We're Here...

Hi all,

Just wanted to underline how grateful I am for this forum. This morning, Mum had her first really rattling experience with trouble breathing, a series of spasms that wouldn't allow her to get her breath. Because of how PALS and CALS share their experiences here, and I've been reading these various issues, I was able to recognize it, be calm, and make a suggestion to try relax her way out of it. If I hadn't seen this suggestion here, I would have called 911, thinking it was a heart issue, and it would have cascaded into a horrible, exhausting potentially health-damaging issue at Emergency at the hospital.

So thank-you all for sharing your emotions, experiences and suggestions. I've learned so much from you all, and will continue to.

Best,
Kathy
Katalin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Katalin For This Useful Post:
affected (01-12-2019), azgirl (01-13-2019), beauty4everyone (01-13-2019), Erika (01-14-2019), Firefighter58 (01-13-2019), KarenNWendyn (01-10-2019), katygal (01-13-2019), ShiftKicker (01-10-2019), wishmobbing (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 05:08 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Stuttgart
State: Germany
Diagnosed: 07/2017
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
wishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to behold
City: Stuttgart
State: Germany
Diagnosed: 07/2017
wishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why We're Here...

It's why we're here and it's great you were there. Knowledge and compassion is the working armour to deal with the beast.
wishmobbing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Katalin (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 05:11 PM #3 (permalink)

People! You just gotta love them! Thanks, wishmobbing!
Katalin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:55 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad you felt you could handle that situation and knew what was going on. I cannot imagine being a CALS without this place, it is an awesome resource!
affected is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Katalin (01-13-2019)

Tags
breathing, cals, health, heart, reading, spasms, wanted