Old 11-07-2018, 02:11 PM #1 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Keep Constipation in check

As a result of chronic constipation and going off psyllium for a few months, I developed hemorrhoids. Recently, I discovered bright red blood so I went in for an exam.

The gastro found an anal fissure and scheduled me for a procedure to have a closer look and treat the hemorrhoids at the same time.

I'm back from the procedure. I was totally out and it took about 30 minutes. They took care of the hemorrhoids with a laser and he said my self care had nearly healed the fissure.

So now I just need to double up on the psyllium, keep taking enough magnesium and drink plenty of water. He said if I get discomfort again, he can give me "something stronger" than psyllium but said he favors psyllium and lots of fluid over anything else.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to endure the banding off procedure and it's over.

I also discovered that using the preparation H cream is much better than using the dry suppositories. I combined the H cream with topical antiseptic cream to heal the fissure.

So.....on to the second crown replacement. That one is an out-of-pocket expense that'll run around $1,400. Fortunately, today's procedure is totally covered by Medicare and my supplement.
KimT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KimT For This Useful Post:
KateEmerson (11-07-2018), ShiftKicker (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 04:16 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Someplace
State: Ville
Diagnosed: 04/2018
beauty4everyone is a jewel in the roughbeauty4everyone is a jewel in the roughbeauty4everyone is a jewel in the roughbeauty4everyone is a jewel in the rough
City: Someplace
State: Ville
Diagnosed: 04/2018
beauty4everyone is a jewel in the roughbeauty4everyone is a jewel in the roughbeauty4everyone is a jewel in the roughbeauty4everyone is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Keep Constipation in check

Hi, Kim, Glad to hear the dr.s could remedy the situation without difficulty, May the work with the tooth so smoothly, too. I've had several crowns put in and replaced over the years. The price of Gold never goes down! They do last a long time, though. Take care, heal quickly, and may all go well with you. May blessings abound. B.
beauty4everyone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:36 PM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

B,
The first crown they replaced lasted 30 years, so no complaints here!

My appetite didn't suffer one bit. I've had two full meals since returning from the procedure and so far so good.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:07 PM #4 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of

Heal up. Girl
Love ya
chally is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
KimT (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 07:10 PM #5 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
KarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant future
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
KarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant future

When I first read the title of this thread, my eyes were a little blurry, and I thought it said “Keep Constitution in check”.

Then I realized you were talking about something a little more earthy.

Glad it’s working for you.
KarenNWendyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:57 PM #6 (permalink)

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
JimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to all

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
JimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to allJimInVA is a name known to all

Our greatest help has been plenty of water. We currently do 2 cups via her PEG late morning and again mid-afternoon. With Darcey's morning water, she takes 2 alka seltzer. She heard that it helped with mucous build up in her mouth and throat. I don't know if it really helps, but she does seem better off since she began to take it. Glad surgery went well!

My best...

Jim
JimInVA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:59 PM #7 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute

Kim, I'm glad you're doing so well after your procedure and I hope your dental work goes just as smoothly. Housekeeping and general maintenance is important!
ShiftKicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:02 PM #8 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Karen,

Interesting. I think your eyes were just celebrating flipping the house.

Tags
back, constipation, early, magnesium, medicare, preparation, supplement