Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
I hope to go vote this week! But how will it work now that I need someone to come all the way into the voting cubicle with me to help me? Normally you legally must go in there alone.

Shouldn’t be an issue. See here Elections: Voting for Persons with Disabilities

If you are worried that you might get someone who does not know the law print it out

Also consider early voting which may be less crowded

ETA my link is specific to Massachusetts but all states should have similar

Last edited:
Yup, I'm planning to go on Tuesday (early voting). Thanks for the link!

We got an absentee ballot for DH.

We simply went to the Registrar's Office at City Hall and voted early. Easy as could be. If we had elected to go to the actual polling place on election day, I would have pulled into handicapped parking. I could then have gone inside and registered Darcey with her picture ID. Two of the attendant polling volunteers would have followed me out to the car and would have presented Darcey with her ballot. I'd have helped her fill it out (we have paper ballots) and the attendants would have taken it back in.

The whole point is... if you want to vote, there is a way to do so. it might be as simple as placing a call to your City Hall to ask them what might work best for you. I'm glad to see that you are determined to vote. We are all very lucky to have such a privilege.

My best...

Jim

Some states are easier than others.

Texas has a big thing going on with their electronic voting machines.

I've voted by mail for about 6 years.

I have either my husband or a polling worker push the buttons for me. By law, you get to choose who assists you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back