Diagnosis
11/1985
Country
US
State
IN
City
Fort Wayne
I was recently switched from an LTV950 to a Trilogy. I have always been able to speak easily on the LTV with my cuff deflated. An additional 5 of PEEP from an inline valve allowed more than one or two words per breath. With the Trilogy, I am back to one or two words and it a horrible step down in being able to communicate! I have asked to try a Passy-Muir valve but have been given conflicting information. Respiratory Therapists from one Trilogy provider says their patients use the Passy-Muir valve and Therapists from another Trilogy provider say it doesn't work with a Trilogy because of the way the air pressure is delivered. Who is correct? Are there setting tweaks to improve speech on the Trilogy with or without the Passy-Muir valve?

My husband was on a Trilogy and spoke with the cuff down. When speech became more difficult we added a PaseyMuir valve and it immediately improved his ability to speak. If I remember correctly, this was the vent setting for before and after adding the valve. I will double check with the RT we had that that's correct. Hope this helps, Kate

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 278
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back