Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
my wife has been going to docs something is wrong and we dont know what she just turned 46.

my 21 year old son who lives nearby has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, wednesday we go to find out about treatment options. i didnt know he was ill as he was hiding it from me and just told me. i was painting while he was dealing with this.

i feel like Job with all that is close to him being taken. my heart is breaking as my body dissolves.

I am so sorry to hear about your son and wife Pete. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Kate

Oh, Pete, I'm so sorry to read of your son and wife. Thinking of you and your entire family during this time.

Joanna

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

I’m sorry Pete. Hopefully your son gets good treatment with complete resolution. And I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your wife is fine. It is awfully hard.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pete,

Just know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Very sorry to hear about your family illnesses, Pete, and hoping your wife has nothing serious. Second opinions on treatment options are important in cancer, but testicular cancer can be very treatable, as I hope will be the case for your son.

Best,
Laurie

I’m so sorry Peter. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
Stay strong!

Thinking of you all Pete. I know it's hard at times but try to keep positive thoughts. As a Laurie said testicular cancer is treatable. I'm saying a prayer for you all. Hugs to you.

Sending you and your family good thoughts and prayers Pete

Chally

Pete, I’m praying peace and strength for you and wisdom for the doctors involved in both cases. I totally understand feeling like Job. Praying you can be as faithful as he was while being tested.

Luv and hugs

Prayers up for Pete

Ray

Praying for you Pete

Praying for your family Pete. I'm not sure what's going on with your wife's health because you didn't say what all was going on . But, your son should be just fine. Testicular cancer is very cureable. A security guard where I work just went through it. I'm unsure what they all did and not going to ask him. But, he was only gone a very short time getting treatment and is back to working full-time and looks great.

I was ordained last fall, which leaves me sitting here thinking I should have something really comforting to say to Pete. In reality, I read this site many days and I'm just brokenhearted. This is one of those times. On one hand, every fiber of my being knows that this life for all of us is only a breath - a fleeting moment - and I am sure of a loving God and an eternity without tears. That's my mantra when it comes to my Dad, the PALS in my life. I will be with him for eternity. No matter how crappy this disease is, that can't be taken away from us.

On the other hand, there are times we cry out with broken hearts here and now. Like Job, the pain and troubles we experience don't seem fleeting, momentary, or small potatoes. Yet, light still overcomes darkness. I may feel alone, but I am not alone. I can take every pain, every offense, and choose to allow it to transform me to look more like Him. That's my weapon of choice, to be motivated by love.

I see this love in all of you, every day, laying down your lives, both PALS and CALS, with dignity. I'm not saying that any one of us is perfect, and thankfully, we don't have to be. But I also read here and I'm amazed every day at the strength and goodness of all of you.

Pete, I can't promise this or that specific outcome, but faith, hope, and love remain, and we are with you seeking grace and comfort, trusting in his life and love for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back