Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
Muskegon
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post at this site, though I have read many many of the links. First, I would just like to say thank you for such a helpful resource!

Now, I'd like to add something that might be of benefit to someone out there who was referred to a clinic and has to wait 3-4 months for their appointment. I know, firsthand, the anxiety this can create.

My Primary referred me to U of M neorology clinic at the end of October 2007. My appointment is scheduled for February 21st 2008. WOW.... what a wait! As soon as I received the confirmation letter in the mail from the clinic, I began calling every Monday morning to see if there had been any cancellations that I could fill the spot, instead of waiting until Feb. I did not ask to be put on a cancellation list (they do not have one there anyway), I just continued to call once a week.

Today, they called ME. They had a cancellation & are now seeing me on December 10, 2007. I cut 2 months off the wait time just by being persistant with a weekly phone call. You may try this too... as it might help!:)

God Bless you all,
MLC7201

Thanks for the tip MLC. Welcome to the site and hope you can get some good news next week. Squeeky wheel gets the grease again.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back