Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
i guess you know what i'm writting about.
thc, big as one rice grain, makes me sleepy for 2 days and one night. when i fall in sleep, i feel like timber.
hence, many pals said that thc is not for als.
but, there is a ratio. i heard of 1thc:20cbd. did anybody experienced same problem trying to find mixture, or use just pure cbd with small percentage of thc?

I've been using mmj for a few years now and that's the first anti THC comment I've seen.

I started with 1:20 (THC:CBD), went to 1:4 and am now on 1:1, 50mg each daily.

First, you must measure by milligrams, not size. Both THC and CBD have desirable qualities. The whole plant is good for us.

I am very sensitive to THC. A little goes a long way.

I take much more CBD than THC. I have two separate drops. I take around 100 mg of CBD oil throughout the day (I use Charlotte's web.) I take about 10 mg of THC in the day and 10-20 mg at night because it knocks me out.

You can try spacing the THC out more. That's why I have them separated.

My doctor just did a new prescription for me for the THC. 50 mg four times a day. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed but he wants me to work my way up to it as he believes it's neuro protective and will help with pain and cramps.

Even at my current small dose of THC, I sleep much better, I'm hungry all the time, my pain has reduced so that I no longer need Oxy and I have no anxiety (much of this, especially the anxiety relief is probably from the CBD.)

It just takes time to play with the dose.

I gave up THC and only use hemp derived CBD oil because of grogginess.

I've been wanting to ask what ratio people use, or if people find thc alone or cbd alone to be more helpful. I am new to using mmj, and still experimenting with dosing and ratios.

what works for me is 1:1.

I take ten ml. Morning and before nap
another twenty ml. At bedtime.

keeps me relaxed and free of anxiety. I float off to deep sleep every night.
it also has almost eliminated drooling.

I don't know how anyone takes more than this as I could not function mentally at all with a higher dose. However, it would knock out any pain

Azgirl, ten mils of what? To accurately measure or compare dosages, you'll have to supply mg/ml.

I take 50mg each of THC and CBD daily.

For the strength of my 1:1, that's one mil five times daily. My oil is 20mg/ml total CBD and THC together.

Greg — are you able to reveal your source for the THC-CBD oil mixture? And would they ship out of state to someone with a mmj card? (I suspect not, but want to check). Thanks.

Sure, but THC cannot cross state lines...regardless of recreational or medical. And I'm not aware of any state giving reciprocity.

Here in Colorado, I started with Charlotte's Web, am currently using Haleigh's Hope, and just discovered Lazarus Naturals (based in Wash state), which is the cheapest source of quality CBD that I've found.

These sources often have shops in multiple states, from which they can also sell THC.

My intention is to continue the HH (actually Cannatol) THC and get the CBD from Lazarus.

thanks Greg you just taught me something. I am taking similar amountas you are.

Most legal states have dispensaries that deliver to your door. Steps:
1. Visit a licensed doctor who recommends medical cannabis to get approved.
2. Apply for a card
3. In most States, your doctor will put the amount she/he recommends in the State registry on his computer.
4. Call any dispensary and order your product.

OR just visit the dispensary and shop for what you want.

There are many delivery methods and States are different depending. Vape (almost immediate), drops (good for under tongue and tube feeds but take about 30 minutes to an hour to kick in), creams/patches (pretty fast relief comparable to taking a tylenol for pain. Lasts about 3-4 hours except patches deliver 24-hour relief).

In recreational states you can get candy, brownies, just about any method plus buds.

I usually save my milligrams until there is a sale at one of the three dispensaries I use. Last week they had buy one get one half off.

I really like the rub on cream. It seems to help my neck and joints.

The THC does dry your mouth out like nothing else.

You can usually specify sativa (more stimulating) hybrid, or Indica (very sedating and good for bed). I have some hybrid during the day and Indica at night.

One minor clarification to Kim's post:
drops, (good for under tongue and tube feeds but take about 30 minutes to an hour to kick in),

The 30 minutes to an hour applies to tube feeds (or swallowing) but not to the under tongue (aka. sublingual) route.

Sublingual is fast, second only to vaping. This is why nitroglycerine is placed under the tongue .

Both vaping and sublingual deliver directly to the bloodstream, initially bypassing the liver and, obviously, totally bypassing the digestive track.

I find that the sublingual doesn't kick in as fast as I expected. I understand the reason why it should because it's absorbed directly into the bloodstream but it still takes longer than a hit off a joint or vape. It's the same as dissolving a Xanax under your tongue. It takes about 20 minutes to feel it. Possibly the suspension (oil of some kind) affects it. I like it because I can time it for sleep. The other possibility is how long you leave it under your tongue. I usually only leave mine under my tongue for about a minute, then swallow the rest with water.

The THC will definitely remind you to hydrate.

I realize my error in my post about dosage I use. Should have typed mg. Instead of, ml.
I do take ten mg morning and before nap and twenty before bed. That is enough for me to relax but not be wiped out during day.

the oil I use is 20mg per ml.

I also use six drops under tongue for immediate relief as needed.

hope this clears up confusion I caused and thanks to Greg for catching my error.

I've also found that the strain used in the drops differs. My favorite is 9lb Hammer because it acts like a gentle benzo only without the adverse effects. I usually buy mine through Trulieve because they are well established and have plenty of product. Florida was very hesitant to let other dispensaries open and they are still dragging their feet, even with huge customer demand.

My local neurologist said he got a huge number of his patients off opioids and seizure meds since our State became legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back