Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here. If you log on to Amazon and put (smile dot) in the url before amazon, you can chose a charity. It's called amazon smile. A small portion automatically goes to the charity you chose. Mine is ALS. Automatic and no charge. Same exact site. My family and friends use it.

I have been using it for some time. Eventually it adds up ( periodically they show you how much has been donated from your purchases)

I chose NEALS ( Northeast ALS consortium)

You are right it changes absolutely nothing in your shopping experience. Just get in the habit of going to the smile site so every purchase counts

Thanks for the reminder

You can also install an iGive browser extension and give automatically when shopping at 1,900 non-Amazon sites -- some of the ALSA chapters like the one here are pickable as the recipient, so that is what I chose. Before ALS, it was the National Marfan Foundation, since Larry had that, too. Of course, you can change recipients any time.

I never knew about this! Seems crazy to use just Amazon if you can use the other and donate to a cause but I've never even heard of it. So glad I heard it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back