Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
as if all the other indignities are not enough, this week I started drooling a lot.!

it saddens me since I realize it is one more sign of weakened swallow, and all that saliva has to go somewhere. My solution today was to take ten mg. Of cannabis oil down the tube. It works, dries my mouth, but will get expensive if needed all the time. Plus it makes me sleepy.

how do you other advanced pals handle drooling

Robinul worked really well for my sister. I know others have used atropine or scopalamine. Or botox but that would mean getting out somewhere for the injections.

AZgirl - DH is on Robinul, but that only works so long for him. Talking of indignity, the best thing we’ve found to help keep him dry is using feminine pads by his face. It’s not perfect and definitely isn’t pretty, but he can’t take atropine or scopolamine. He also isn’t interested in Botox. So hearing about the cannibis oil, I might have to check that out. So sorry

Even though I can still swallow fine, the cannabis oil makes my mouth very dry, even at low doses. My doctor suggested 50 mg three or four times a day but I do well on 10 mg as needed.

My friends at support use towels. Their CALS just wipe their tongues as needed.

Kay, don't worry about dignity. I decided to give up mine a long time ago. Just do what makes you feel comfortable.

Have you tried hybrid or Sativa? They are more stimulating than Indica so they might not make you as sleepy.

hmm, not sure a big kotex wrapped around my face is any more undignified than drool running down my chin neck and shirt! BUT it may be worth a try at night. Made me laugh though!

maybe cannabis oil is best solution for me. It worked for past five hours and knocks out other pain too. It is getting pricey as I am using it more frequently.

will look into robino. L

I ordered a bunch of white washcloths on Amazon. I bite down on the towel and it absorbs the drool. Looks ridiculous but rather that than soaking my shirt. I go through about a dozen a day mlm

I recently started using the canabis tincture (concentrated drops you put under your tongue, or can mix with something and put down tube). The great thing is you can really choose your dose. So for example I only use about 4-5 mg (4-5 drops). 10mg would knock me right out! So if you tried the drops, you could find a dose that works for you. It definitely dries my mouth, a little too well to be honest but it works!

We grow our own so the cost is pretty minimal. Oregon allows us six plants each, so you can imagine the yield. We put it into butter and once you get the dosage down ( hint : start small otherwise you're on Mr. Toads wild ride with no way to get off for several hours! ).

My problem is the phlegm from hell, you know that thick white phlegm that has the viscosity and adhesive qualities of rubber cement! I have done everything to get rid of it! -

I get some drool but like not rad the stringy mucus down Throth is what gets me.
At present I am using atropine one drop about every four hrs. Right from waking up.
Good luck azgirl.
Love ya stay strong!
Chally

chally and Brad, yes the thick mucous is the worst, I'll take drool anyday over that. Staying hydrated helps, but cough assist twice a day or more and suck it out is my best defense,.

especially before nap or bedtime

I have some drooling, it is getting more frequent. My neuro has rx me atropine drops too, I find cbd oil helps some. I can use my arms still, use a small towel and wipe as needed.

I am never far away from my trusted towel. I have tried everything with mixed results...even the Botox. I carry a small towel with me everywhere I go.

Mucus thins when you stop dairy. You still produce it but it is thinner.

wish I was able to wipe it off myself. Hate to keep asking. The extra cannibus oil working well and helps me relax. Had to experiment to find dose that dries without knocking me out.

kim, the kind of thick mucous we are talking about seems to worsen with late stages, and happens no matter what we ingest. Nasty stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back