Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
mi
City
Novi
Does anyone experience a burning pain during a bowel movement? There is no blood, no hemorrhoids that I know of. Just trying to determine if this is part of MND or something else.

Thanks,
Deb

Deb,

You can have internal hemorrhoids that cause terrible pain during and after bowel movements. A gastro can use a scope to see if that's the problem. It only takes 5 minutes in the office. You might just need a stool softener. You can test it be using a preparation H suppository before bed and see if it helps.
Also, not getting enough fluids can make the stool hard and cause irritation. I still use psyllium each morning but I can still swallow.

Hi Kim,

My husband does have internal hemorrhoids and doesn't have burning pain. I use Miralax every day,plus my fluid intake is more than adequate. i don't have the finger dexterity to use suppositories. but you've answered my question, it's not a NMD issue. Thanks for responding!

Deb

If the pain is deeper than where it would be for hemorrhoids, it may be in part down to spasms or difficulty pushing. You could test that hypothesis by consuming things that might accelerate transit time, e.g. coffee, salsa/spices, warm lemonade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back