Loved one DX
Country
UK
State
Tyne and Wear
City
Newcastle
Hi

I'm running a fundraising event for the ALS Association but I'm having difficulty in finding details of how donations are spent.

I know from past projects that number are an extremely persuasive tool. Something like:

$10 will pay for...
$20 would cover...

It could be treatment, it could be equipment, or something which helps carers or family members. I can't seem to find anything.

Could anyone point me to a helpful link, please?

Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi your link was removed because it was a fundraising link (I know you were using it for illustration purposes but the rule still applies here sorry)

I believe the Brigance Brigade has something similar. What country are you looking for though? The US prices will vastly differ from UK and both from Canada. Most of our members are from the latter two countries. Needs vary as well as coverage from insurance or social services vary. If you are working for ALSA??? surely they and their chapters have this information. I am quite sure it has appeared on various fundraisers. I don’t understsnd though why you would be if you live in the UK?

I can't say what UK does , but in Canada the split is 60/40 Client Services/ Research.
Vincent

Thanks.

The currency was only meant to be illustrative. I'm based in the UK and refer to £ out of habit. My audience is American (it's an online fundraiser), as was my mother-in-law who had ALS.

I've asked the ALSA for this type of information a number of times but sadly came up with nothing each time.

If you are raising for an ALSA chapter I believe a portion will go to national. You may be able to designate it for patient care and services but general donations to ALSA are divided up and used for various categories. This may be why you are not getting any numbers from them.

Depending on your mil’s location you might find an organization specifically focused on patient care in her area if that is her/your wish. Brigance Brigade which is based in Maryland is one. CCALS in Massachusetts is another. I am sure there are others in different regions.

Thank you for fundraising/ advocacy

Brigance Brigade were a great help. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back